Friday, February 24, 2012

Turkey Chili

Last night I made a very yummy (and healthy) dinner for me and my husband...Turkey Chili in the crock pot. I thought I would share the recipe (my husband loved it and it is definitely a must repeat dinner). So please enjoy:

Crock Pot Turkey Chili 
1.25 lbs of Ground Turkey Breast
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can White Kidney Beans
1 can Whole Tomatoes
1 bag Frozen Corn
1/2 White Onion
Ground Black Pepper 
Garlic Powder
Seasoning Salt
Ground Cumin
Crushed Red Pepper
Chili Powder
Cayenne Red Pepper
1/2 can Water


Brown ground turkey breast in a skillet with EVOO and your white onion. Add seasoning salt and garlic to taste. 


Once meat is ready, transfer into your crock pot with the rest of your ingredients. Use the juice from the tomatoes, but clean the beans before adding to your crock pot. For the seasonings, I estimated on measurements (this is how I usually cook). 


Let cook on low for 6-8 hours then enjoy! 


My husband and I added sour cream and cheese to make it even more yummy :)  





1 comment: